20 May 0 Comment(s) 2288 View(s)
Smoked pork with dry bamboo shoot is quite a popular dish and has many variations across states and tribe in how to prepare it. This is more of a fusion style dish incorporating a few ingredients from across cuisines but do not worry it is easy to make!
- Smoked pork ( Buy here )
- Dry bamboo shoot ( Buy here )
- Cooking oil (usually mustard oil)
- One medium-size onion
- Three cloves of garlic
- Black pepper ( Buy here )
- Turmeric, preferably Lakadong turmeric ( Buy here )
- One tomato
- Salt to taste
- Dark soy sauce
Red chilli powder (you can try our Bird's Eye Chilli Powder for a fabulous tasting chilli powder! Buy here )
- Pressure cook the smoked pork, letting it cook for about 4 whistles.
- In a heated pan, add some oil, add chopped garlic and onion.
- Add some turmeric and black pepper. After stirring it, add the dry bamboo shoot.
- Now add a small amount of chili powder.
- The next step is to add the pressure cooked smoked pork.
- Add the chopped tomato and salt as per your taste
- Add some stock from the pressure cooker in which the smoked pork was cooked.
When the water/stock dries out, add the soy sauce.
Your Smoked Pork with Dry Bamboo Shoot is ready to be served!
Recipe Courtesy: Kerrimesha Dora Laloo ( watch the full recipe on youtube )